Sunday 11 September 2011

Tamara Fogle

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned how I love to find new ways to re-use old things. One person who has this down to a T is Tamara Fogle, who alongside her leather bags (which are also beautiful) creates various receptacles from old fabrics such as old German flour sacks, Hungarian grain sacks, military tents and Indian quilts. I have been eyeing some of her German flour sack bags for a while and decided to treat myself to a Grab Bag!
It's wonderfully tactile, with butter soft chocolate leather shoulder straps and lovely antiqued brass frame, I love the idea that each of these bags is 100% unique. The lovely Gothic style typography of the farmer's name at the bottom is a really nice detail. Plus all of Tamara's bags are made in Great Britain!
Look at that lovely ticking lining and nice, strong leather pocket - no more ripped linings for me!
For more information on her other designs visit her website - I defy anyone not to be tempted! Her blog is also an enjoyable read; featuring lots of mouth-watering photos of bags to come, her lovely canine companions and trips around Europe.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely exquisite bags (I have just had a look at the website) and yes, very tempting indeed!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these bags, just went to have a gander at the website. Upcycling, craftsmanship - what's not to love?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bags Charlotte...have just been to her website too.
    Thanks for the tip off....I think I can feel a purchase coming on.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete