Monday 10 January 2011

First post of the New Year

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope you all had a very enjoyable time - I went up to Scotland to see my lovely Mum and Dad and spend the holidays in their delightful Victorian farmhouse on the borders.
I have been very lucky with my Christmas spoils:
 A beautiful Cath Kidston radio to listen to the Archers on!
A very pretty perfume bottle filled with dried lavender - I'm not sure how old it is though, does anyone have any ideas?
A sublime vintage cushion, which goes very well on the little French chair in the sitting room!
A golden brass planter which will soon be filled with hyacinths - either blue or white, I haven't decided yet!
An old Laura Ashley interiors book, I have been enjoying flicking through this of an evening.
And finally a lovely mahogany dressing table mirror which looks very good on our pine chest of drawers in the bedroom.

15 comments:

  1. What lovely presents. I especially like the CK radio and the scent bottle. I'm sure the hyacinths will look smashing in that planter!
    June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice things Charlotte, you were obviously spoilt at Christmas too.
    The cottage is coming along beautifully with your lovely chosen pieces.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you!
    What lovely presents you received.I've been lusting after one of those radios for some time now.Look forward to seeing your planter when it's full of blooms. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! lucky girl ! your loved ones know you well-I`d love that radio !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real Cath Kidston radio? You're kidding me! What a great present! And oww... that book of Laura Ashley! I think you are lovely spoiled! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte,

    Thank you very much for your kind comment on my blog. I enjoyed it very much. You must be so excited. Your first year in the garden!!! I can still remember mine very well. We rented this allotment garden three years ago, and I still enjoy it very much. To have a garden at the back of your house is even more perfect!!

    Your Christmas presents look lovely!

    Wish you a happy weekend!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete