Tuesday 20 May 2014

May time


I can't believe how quickly May has flown by. I realised yesterday at work, while gazing at the calendar on my desk, that next week will be the last week of May and then summer will be in full swing with the start of June. But while we are still in May, I intend to gorge myself on the Chelsea Flower Show coverage having not thought to buy a ticket to the show for myself this year!


The weekend was long and hot, with most time of my time being spent out in the garden. I had originally intended to do some of my gardening jobs that I had been putting off for a while. But those were soon relegated in favour of lounging around in the sun. After all, "only mad dogs and Englishmen" would work in such heat! So I ended up wandering around with a cool drink in my hand, counting my Harlow Carr and Madame Alfred Carrière rosebuds and hoping that my newly planted Sarah Bernhardt peony will produce more than the single bud it has just now!


7 comments:

  1. I would give just about anything to be able to watch the Chelsea Flower show. I'm in California though and I don't think it's possible... Beautiful peony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,
      Have you tried via BBC iPlayer or maybe Youtube? I would have thought that watching Chelsea via the internet would be no problem in this day and age!
      Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I really must get myself a Peony!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - mine hasn't even bloomed yet and I'm already planning my next peony purchase!

      Delete
  3. Hi,such pretty pictures,the bedroom looks lovely, fresh and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S I was lucky and won the charming little flower picture,if you pop over to my blog I have posted a photo.Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete