Sunday 1 December 2013

Love Lane Midwinter Fair


This weekend I was without the car, but still determined to attend the Love Lane Vintage Midwinter Fair so I hopped onto the tube all the way to Waterloo then got the fast train to Haslemere, followed by a taxi ride to Cowdray Hall. I had timed my journey well as I arrived just as people were starting to queue for entry to the fair. I was not disappointed as it looked absolutely beautiful, the only downside for me was that I had to restrain myself quite a lot as I had to carry my purchases back on the train and tube!


Outside, Laura of Wild Willow had put together a beautifully festive display with lots of red berries and dark evergreens. The paperwhites were gorgeous and the wreaths were lovely, I could imagine them adorning a little Sussex cottage door and looking very festive and pretty!
Inside, there was a veritable cornucopia of delights! Jill, from Rosiebud Decorative Vintage was there with her stall styled beautifully.


Lots of pretty china, silver and sparkly cut glass and crystal as well as handmade stockings, advent calendars and lavender bags! It was very difficult to continue to exercise my self restraint!


I also saw Helen from Hellish Designs, but didn't get a chance to say hello. Her lampshades were absolutely lovely and I was kicking myself that I had forgotten to measure up my brass lamp base in the sitting room so check what size shade it could accommodate!


Krystyna from Parkminster Products was also there, I absolutely love her candles. They look lovely and the fragrances are delicious. I would much rather one of her candles than a Jo Malone one any day! She also fills vintage bowls and teacups with her candles and makes bath foams and bath salts all in pretty glass bottles.
I also saw Emma from Velvet Ribbon, but unfortunately didn't manage to get any good shots of her stall as it was so busy!
It was really a lovely day out, I had to go alone as everyone I invited to come with me already had plans but once I arrived I quite forgot as I was saying hello to people I knew and had some nice chats with Emma and Jill. Plus, I actually got recognised from my blog which was very flattering! Next time though, I definitely need the car so that I can load it up with vintage goodies!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Charlotte,I do adore your posts,the photographs are lovely, what a great fayre .I have carried lots of unusual things home with me but only from my local flea market!I once bought a pine table home at lunchtime(in a taxi) dropped it into my hall and then back in the same taxi to work!,bye for now Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend a day, I'd be happy mooching around on my own too, I love the candles in teacups.

    ReplyDelete