Sunday 23 December 2012

Spoils


So in my last post I promised to share my latest purchases from the Suffolk outing to Rosehip in the Country. One of the first things to catch my eye was this lovely hydrangea wreath, I had been looking for one for a while to hang in the window or prop up on the dining room mantle piece. Since the Christmas garland is on the mantle piece just now the wreath will stay in the kitchen until after the festivities. I always find that the kitchen gets a bit left out from all the decorating going on in the rest of the house!


Then I bought a pair of these rustic looking lanterns (the other one is on the wall shelves on the other side of the room) they cast pretty shadows with tea lights or votive candles inside. Plus I love the contrast between the smooth silvered glass and baubles with the rough rusty zinc.


My little magazine basket was getting pretty full (in fact it couldn't stand up by itself anymore) so I was pleased to spy this gorgeous French basket hanging from the rafters in the Rosehip barn. I really like the soft curved edge at the top of the basket and it holds so many magazines!


And finally this pretty pink transfer-ware cup with a pastoral scene seemed destined for the dining room dresser. I did make a few more purchases but I'm saving those for my Christmas post!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely new finds!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydrageas are my very favorite and I love this wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely purchases! The photo of your chair and basket is so homely and comforting, and I really like your cup. Happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quiet ambiance of it all! Thank you for sharing and looking forward to see your Christmas post!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Happy Boxing Day! I must complement you on the gorgeous understated look you have,it's a really gentle Christmas look,the cushions on your lovely chair quite made my heart leap and I am dotty about baskets,yours is delightful!!Kind Regards Pam.

    ReplyDelete