I was in a creative mood last weekend, so I pulled out an old embroidered linen runner that I knew I wasn't going to use. It took several attempts, but I plucked up the courage and managed to cut it into sections. I hadn't made cushions before, but I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted the end result to look like so I decided to have a go. After a few false starts and a bit of unpicking I finished them and guess what......they look exactly as I had wanted them to!
I also managed to get my husband to hang the door curtain! I bought this a while ago (before we bought the cottage!) from Niki at Nostalgia it's a lovely Laura Ashley print of wallflowers in pale lilacs and cornflower blues.