Wednesday 7 July 2010

Work in progress!

Well, the builders have been in for almost two weeks and there have been some changes in our little cottage, please excuse the mess! So far, upstairs is mostly finished, just needs a tidy-up and the carpets need to be relaid.
Here is the second bedroom:
There used to be a chimney breast where the ladder is so that's now gone and we've repainted.
Here's a photo of the original built in cupboards in this room, I missed these out on my first cottage post.
Here's the main bedroom, we've had this repainted too - it looks like white in this photo but it's actually a very light blue - like a starling's egg! The fireplace was a bit of an impulse buy at our local Reclamation yard - I could spend a lot of money there!

Here's a close up of the wreath decoration on the fireplace, I'm really pleased with this as when we saw it originally is was coated in really thick paint - now that's been stripped off you can see the berries!
 Now we go downstairs, again I realised I hadn't included a photo of these either, we've had this all repainted, though the stairs need cleaning (as with most of the cottage - there was so much brick dust!) Well, that's it so far the downstairs still needs painting and finishing off so I will post photos of these once they're done!


6 comments:

  1. Looking good....can't wait to see more.
    I am just abut to go outside and put the final coat of paint on our gates...Farrow and Ball Downpipe it is a lovely blue / black colour....hides the dirt too so I don't have to clean them so often!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I clicked on your blog because of the name, I live in Finchley, so its lovely to read about someone so close by! Your cottage photos look gorgeous. Looking forward to reading more x Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Won't be long Charlotte. It's all looking super.

    Sorry I haven't let you know p&p costs - all been a bit hectic. Hope to remember to bring the can home with me tomorrow!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte
    The cottage is looking great and love the quilt on the previous post.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola, congrats for your lovely cottage. I will gladly follow the work in progress of it, why?, well because we also bought our first house in 1993 and then at 2002 and 2003 we remodeled it completely, and that was a gorgeous and happy time, as well as a stressing one, but the stress is so worthwhile!!! Enjoy your new home and put all your heart in it.
    Greetings from Chile,
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fists time I've seen your blog and the cottage you are decorating looks lovely!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete