We've had some beautiful weather lately, I'm desperately hoping that it will last out until the Easter weekend. The dry weather has enabled us to get the garden room clapboard undercoated and painted with the off-white shade that we had mixed up in Dulux Weathershield Satin. In the end we had some difficulty colour matching to F&B's Pointing so we plumped for Dulux Cameo Silk 3 instead.
The glass has now been fixed into the window frames and I'm sure we'll have lots of fun trying to peel those stickers off the glass and remove the horrible sticky residue that will inevitably be left! The birds have also had a mini version of our garden room installed on the wall above the climbing roses, safely out of reach of Holly and Ivy!
We placed the order for our carpet this weekend. I was hoping to have either a sisal or jute woven carpet but after some research it looked like they were quite prone to staining even with spilt water! I did find a coir alternative but it is a bit more scratchy that the sisal and jute and as this room is going to be an occasional guest bedroom as well as an office it didn't seem to be the right choice. So as a compromise we decided on a berber style carpet in a natural sandy colour which still has the natural looking texture but will be much easier to keep clean and is considerably softer.
The reclaimed bathroom door has now been hung and the brass door knobs and rim locks have been added. I really like the natural wood so I plan on treating the door with beeswax to nourish the wood (it has been stripped so is quite dry) and bring out the colour and grain. The built in shelves have been installed and we will be painting these the same colour as the wall. We plan on making this our own mini-library! You can see the towel rail/radiator propped against the right-hand wall that will be installed in the W.C/shower room next week.
I love the rim lock detail on the inside of the bathroom door. We have a bit more work to do; tiling the bathroom, painting, and remodelling my flower beds that we demolished during the build. Hopefully it will be finished before Easter! We're all starting to feel a bit like Holly in the photo below, with the garden room work having dragged on from the original 2.5-3 week estimate to a whopping 6 weeks!