We've been on holiday visiting my family in Kirkcudbright; it was lovely and we came back with quite a few goodies from one of my favourite shops Country Home Interiors in Castle Douglas (photos to follow later!) It was so nice to spend time with Mum and Dad, even though leaving them always saddens me as it feels that they are so far away up in Scotland.
But now we have our own home I find one of nicest parts of going away is coming home again to our cosy nest and saying hello to Holly and Ivy who had meanwhile been lovingly tended by our neighbour.
When I finally got round to looking at my blog (can't believe a week went by without me checking up on it!) I was very surprised to find that I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Gwen from www.crochet-capers.blogspot.com. I have learnt from Gwen's blog that there are several rules to follow for this award, they are as follows:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here goes - seven random things about myself:
- I like drinking tonic water by itself, especially Fevertree tonic water I love the taste! Schweppes just isn't as good.
- I really enjoy watching European crime drama (Wallander, Forbrydelsen, Engrenages and recently Borgen). I'm currently working my way through a Wallender box set as I have only recently found out about this show. It's my Saturday evening entertainment with a mug of hot chocolate and a cat on my lap!
- The last thing I cooked was spicy lentil dhal with homemade granary chapatis.
- I used to be scared of using the tube (the London Underground) as I could never work out how to get back home and I always used to be nervous of ending up somewhere not-so-nice!
- I really enjoy listening to Radio 4 - especially the dramas and Women's hour; I find Jenni Murray's voice relaxing and have been known to get quite excited if I find an Agatha Christie play on iPlayer.
- In two years time I will have been married for 10 years, which seems like a very grown up thing to write.
- I have a slight Pinterest addiction and currently have boards for the cottage, the garden (which just now is my favourite board), the kitchen....
Musings of a Windsor Rose
Breathing English Air
Roses, Lace and Brocante
Ann's Embroidery and Quilting Journey
Come Away with Me
Fallen from Flavour
The White House
Hesta and the Pugs
Nice Day at Rosies
The Cloth Shed